Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2:00 AM

So here I sit, thinking I've finally gotten her settled down. I suppose it wouldn't be fair if I didn't share the bad along with the good. Normally my temper is pretty stable, but I gotta say, she's sure testing my patience tonight.

Scratch that...she's decided she's not going to sleep so the remainder of this post will be typed one handed...typos be damned.

I honestly can't say why she's so inconsolable tonight. It could be the colic, but how am I supposed to discern that from just normal fussy baby tendencies? It's obvious the way she's squirming and occasionally screaming out that her tummy hurts her, but we've been giving her gas medicine for weeks and reflux medicine for days. I've not noticed any kind of change for the better.

...and now she has the hiccups and is even more upset.

I have noticed a correlation between her screams and her passing gas, but if that's the problem, what good are the gas drops we've been giving her?

Well, I tire of typing with one hand...today is starting out too be a long day. I've tried to put her down 3 times during this post which I started at 2:00 AM...it's 3 now....let's see if the fourth time's a charm.

Waverly

No comments:

Post a Comment